Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rain on Tuesday

Enjoying the steady downpour today from my office. Keller and I got out early for our walk on the trail, a little drizzle never hurt either of us. We need all the wet stuff we can handle.

Listening to a lot of Miles Davis today, ripped some old CDs. That book about Kind of Blue has me in the jazz head lately.

Speaking of jazz...The Bill Frisell quartet was unlike anything I have ever seen or heard. The Disfarmer potraits floating in and out of the screens on both sides of the band and the music put the audience (including me and Miles) in a trance dream state. It was an extra special musical event. Miles and I had a blast. We got to do some rock wall climbing on Sunday morning with Matt and his girls in Chapel Hill. We also had some great pancakes at Elmo's diner in Carborro after the climbing got us hungry. Miles did great on the wall and on the pancakes :-) I really enjoyed the climbing and the zen of the activity. Tricia and I have talked about doing that here in Greenville as a family/couple soon. Glad Matt took us out there to do the spiderman thang.

Miles' highlight of the weekend was his very first Starbucks latte on the ride home. Those pancakes were making my eyelids very heavy, like I was back in the Frisell performance...So, we stopped above Charlotte on the interstate and we got 2 honey lattes. Miles and I were rockin' out to Rush and REM all the way home. He thinks he is going to get a latte every time now. I can't blame the little guy for his taste in vices.

Oh yeah, how about them Clemson Tigers! I have to be honest and tell you I went to bed at the beginning of the 2nd half on Sunday night with Clemson down by 15 points. I was thrilled to see we pulled it out at the buzzer with a 3 pointer by the white knight, Terrence Oglesby. Nice work! Unfortunately, Cliff Hammonds broke his right wrist on a great defensive block in the 2nd half, I did see that play. He has never missed a game due to injury and holds Clemson records for most starts. He is left handed, so we will see how he responds to this setback. We are now back in the top 25 as well. Hopefully, our team captain (Hammonds) will follow James Mays' route and not let injury force him to the bench. Clemson has had its share of injuries and this is just another bump in the road.
Fingers and toes are crossed :-) Go Tigers!

See ya!

See ya!

No comments: