Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Saturday, March 22, 2008

One and Done, Casting Crowns

Last night was a great night! I know, I know Clemson totally fell apart in the 2nd half of their game and the season is done but we saw Casting Crowns at Bi-Lo Center here in Greenville and it was great! First, Clemson had a great season and I am still very proud of my school and our season. One step at a time and we will be back next year with a great squad. We will miss Mays, Perry and Hammonds but others will step up. We have a great coach and facilities and the program is on the way up. Go Tigers!

Now, the Bi-Lo Center could be one of the worst places to hear a concert. The sound bounces all over and to compensate for the spacious confines, the volume is loud which becomes a high frequency wall. We were dead center on the floor in front of the board and I had trouble hearing the vocals, smartly they had the lyrics on the big screen. Also, the seats were WAY too close together, given the amount of empty seats in the upper levels. The seats were also NOT numbered on the floor that lead to some seat confusion. We survived, I'll quit whining now.

To the senses other than hearing, it was a very cool show with a visual artist creating art during 2 songs of the 2nd set. They also had some local high school students in a string ensemble for most of the 2nd set. Casting Crowns is a great group, lead by the dynamic Mark Hall. Their message is challenging to Christians but uplifting and encouraging (sounds like a radio station I know...). We also got some info on World Vision, the group that CC has partnered with in order to bring clean water to poor areas of the world. That work spoke directly to me and what I still need to accomplish for fund raising for the Africa trip and reaffirmed our mission there in Botswana that awaits.

Tricia and I had a great date that included a great dinner at Chicora Alley across from the Reedy Falls Park in downtown Greenville before the concert. We planned last night with our great new friends Brian and Kelly Thomas from Freedom. It was a good night for all 4 of us. We even walked out with all 3 studio CDs from CC for $35 (they are all on the Ipod and Miles' Zen already). I look forward to seeing CC again down the road, hopefully outside somewhere or in a more acoustically pleasing venue.

We are heading out to Sumter for the Easter weekend. Miles and Dylan are spending all of next week on the farm with my parents for Spring Break. Tricia and I have the whole week alone. We will be helping Keller recover from his "family planning procedure" on Monday morning. A week away from the boys will definitely help him recover. I'm looking forward to seeing the BIG family that gathers at my parents on Sunday and also looking forward to Easter Sunday back at Alice Drive. Happy Easter. He Died, He Arose, He Reigns!

See ya!

No comments: