Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Friday, March 7, 2008

More Rain, Tigers Stumble

What is it about Clemson playing in Atlanta? The Tigers looked tired again last night, other than Cliff Hammonds. The guy already has a broken right wrist and then he gets his tooth knocked out in the 2nd half by a collision with another Clemson player...the guy still made it back in the game and sunk a few free throws (which aren't his forte). He is amazing and will be missed. I hope the Tigers pull it together for the final home game on Sunday against a hot VA Tech team. Otherwise, we may stumble our way home from the ACC tourney and miss our chance in the NCAA Big Dance. Sunday will be interesting. I'm also excited about watching the UNC v. Duke game this Saturday night. I will be in Sumter, so I will watch it with the folks.

I am heading to Sumter by myself to attend a meeting on Sunday afternoon about another trip to Africa over the Labor Day weekend. We are planning to go to Botswana from what I know. I will post more details after the meeting. I am going to talk to Freedom Fellowship about the mission trip last summer and this one for 2008 next week. Pray for clarity in my message and guidance for everyone involved with this year's trip. Hey, I get some country eatin' at my Mom's in the deal, so it's worth the drive to Sumter!

More rain today. Keller and I went out for a quick lap around the block. It was pouring. He thought I was crazy (smart dog :-)) but I put on the jungle hat and he made it just fine. He's kinda funny about water as I have written before. Hopefully, he gets the idea that he won't melt. Speaking of melting, Shadow decided to spend the night outside and got caught in the rain. He was doing his very best to get someone's attention at the back door this morning. Wet cat does not equal happy! He's dry and sleeping in Dylan's bed per his usual weekday routine. I took the boys to school like I do on most Fridays today and helped Dylan get his big African-America project about Jackie Robinson to class dry and safe. He worked too hard on that to let it get wet. A+ in my humble opinion of course!

Dylan also started baseball last night. He had fun although it made him a little late getting to bed. He will be pr acting twice a week until the season starts at the beginning of April. He's on the Pirates minor league team. The team seems to have an unorthodox coach who doesn't particularly care for Rec league ball and had some interesting things to say about the weird rules for this age group. Can't wait to see how this unfolds but I think Dylan will have fun learning about the game and just being on the team makes his day. He seems to be ahead of most of the kids (there are quite a few 5 year olds on this team) and should be a little more serious this time around than T-ball. This age is coach pitch and that will be good for Dylan. Spring time is in the air!

See ya!

No comments: