Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Monday, March 10, 2008

Africa 2008

I was back home yesterday. Alice Drive has been my church home since 1973 and it's always good to be there. I hadn't been back to ADBC since the last trip to Africa and felt so connected yesterday. We also kicked off the next big trip to Africa and I have put together a new web site with details and request for support (hint, hint): Africa 2008 . Seriously, please pray for the trip to be all that it can be and that I will be able to raise all of the funds in the short time that remains until the end of April. More on that in the days ahead.

I also have a new link to Pastor Clay's blog (imagine that!), look in the links to the right>>>
We celebrated the Lord's Supper and Clay preach a very solid sermon on the resurrection of Christ that I so needed to hear. It was also good to hear the choir and the praise band.

Dylan, Keller and I went to baseball practice tonight. Not really sure if Dylan is feeling this baseball thing. The coach is very serious, maybe a little too much for 5 and 6 year olds but I think Dylan is getting the idea and doggone it he is learning and tired :-) We will see how long he continues to resist the training and wind sprints. Keller had a blast meeting new folks and getting a ball fetch work out in during the practice. Hope to get back on the trail in the morning. I spent most of my morning free time working on setting up a print server/data server for the home network out of an old PC. It's working great and I even got the network protocol working so it won't need a monitor for me to get to the desktop, etc. Kinda proud of myself (as long as it continues to work and the Windows firewall doesn't throw me any more curve balls). It's a geek thing, I know.

How 'bout them Tigers! They squeaked one past Va Tech in the last few seconds after letting a great 1st half lead evaporate in the 2nd half. They fell out of the Top 25 due to their loss to Ga Tech but they tend to play better when not ranked so maybe that will be the difference in the ACC tourney which starts this Thursday. But, for the first time in a LONG time, Clemson has a bye and plays the winner of the Boston College/Maryland game. Should be a fun weekend for hoops, I'm on call and have nothing else planned!

Still enjoying the Frisell recording while I work...

See ya!

No comments: