Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend Update


What a fun weekend:

-we didn't have any baseball games as scheduled due to the rain, so we hung out for a while and did some work around the yard and Miles karate practice.

-I finally got the hammock swing in place on the front porch, hanging from one of the rafters and very secure thanks to some good ole Tractor Supply chain and links. Nice to hang out there at night listening to the frogs like I did late Saturday night.

-We headed downtown Greenville for the big Artisphere festival and had an absolute blast, enjoyed walking around looking at the awesome art on display, being performed and on sale. It was a perfect afternoon for it.

-Miles and Dylan brought their bathing suits and had a chilly blast running around the Greenville fountain by the Reedy. Check the pictures below.

-On Sunday, we went over to Lake Robinson Community Church (LRCC) for their last service as a church before they join Freedom and we start building on the land there on 290. We were there to support Cliff give the vision and answer questions as well as to help relate what God has done at Freedom. It was a very emotional service for the church. They have been together for over 7 years but had not grown to the size they envisioned and offered the 10 acres to Freedom. We look forward to serving alongside our new friends that we met on Sunday. This is such an amazing opportunity and the community is going to benefit in amazing ways. For them to have the vision and humbleness to offer that land to God's purpose really knocks me back. I also got a chance to play congos with the band. I had a moment of inspiration and saw an empty set on the stage. They liked it so much, I was invited back for the closing song of worship. It was a powerful service and I'm looking forward to what is next for all of us.

-We had plans to take Tricia to Olive Garden for Mother's Day; but, the wait was over 1 hour. We made a nice stop at Atlanta Bread Company and then Starbucks. I think we made a great choice. It was a nice afternoon together. I even steam-mopped the kitchen floor and added a nice layer of shine.

For Mother's Day, I surprised Tricia with my craftiness. A friend printed some posters of images I sent of the boys back in the winter. Jack runs his own printing company and was part of our men's group on Friday mornings. In addition to the posters, he printed one of the images of the boys at Stumphouse Tunnel park on a nice canvas. I tried to get it mounted but the image was the wrong size. So, I got the idea to mount it on dowel rods and it turned out great. I added a couple of cup hooks and some suede cord for a nice touch. She was very surprised at my skills and was so interested in how I got it done without her knowing. I guess it does pay to work at home ;-) A few new roses from my new bushes added a nice touch too!

Well, speaking of work, my break is about over. We have a big chorus performance at Crestview tonight to wrap up the spring semester. Stay tuned for Miles' big solo on video to be posted as soon as possible.

See ya!

1 comment:

Freedom Fellowship serving in Haiti said...

Just for the record, the picture is mounted square on the bottom dowel. That was just how it looks from the angle on the picture.