Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mom

I want to first wish my Mom and Pete a Happy 20th wedding anniversary. My Mom was a single mother with 4 kids from 1973 to 1989. How she did that solo without killing one of us or seriously abusing any chemical of choice, is beyond my comprehension. I wish them many more years of continued happiness. That wedding was one of many mixed emotions for me and honestly the end of a childhood even though I was on my way to my sophomore year at Clemson. I still had a lot of growing up to do and that wedding is a milestone in that long journey.

Today is also my Aunt Jane's 60th birthday. Jane is the youngest of the bunch. That really makes the rest of them all feel old, I'm sure.

Yesterday we got the results back from Mom's breast tissue biopsy that was done on Tuesday. Mom has breast cancer. She is scheduled for a lumpectomy in mid-June (after our beach trip with her and the rest of the family) to be followed by radiation therapy and possibly, oral chemotherapy. Mom is a little shell shocked right now and really worried about how Pete might take this news. Pete's mother and 1st wife both died of breast cancer. Not the best thing to learn on your 20th wedding anniversary. But, Mom is a fighter and of strong stock. We know that and expect her to come out of this stronger than ever.

Miles is now on Day 2 of his big 5th grade Disney trip. So far that reports have been as expected and no big issues. I think it's been raining down there too. I know we have had our share of rain here in the Upstate and am thankful for it; but, a little drying out is warranted. I think this weekend's forecast looks to be dry and sunny! Can't wait to hear all about Miles' trip, whether I am ready or not ;-)

Tricia is counting down the day left in the school year and ready for break. My life and work changes when summer break starts. I officially start my new manager role on Monday;but, all the signature lines and manager setup are now changed and the pay increase is the last to start and it will on June 1st, Monday. So far, I have been trying to feel my way around the product line and get a handle on the big picture items. Got a new HUGE contract this week and that took care of wondering what I might be doing :-) So, Monday is nothing more than a formality.

Take care, stay dry and See ya!

No comments: