Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday Afternoon





What a nice long and WET Memorial weekend. We had a friend of Miles' (Sam) spend the night on Sunday. Miles actually slept in until 1130am! I had to go and wake him for fear he would sleep all day. His buddy had been up hanging with Dylan since 930.
He might need that sleep yet, his 5th grade class leaves for Disney World today. That bus ride tonight is gonna be something I am glad to miss. A bus load of 5th graders heading to Disney would be close to torture for me. Miles is beside himself with excitement. We plan to take Dylan to get a Sonic treat on the way home from the bus departure tonight.

I finished my book Picking Cotton. Wow! Some serious work had to take place for that relationship to form and if you want to learn something about forgiveness and healing, I highly recommend. Basically, a guy was picked from a line-up and charged and convicted (not once, but twice) for a rape he did not commit. He spent 11 years in jail until he was cleared by DNA evidence. True story, based in Burlington, NC. Very well written and engaging as I mentioned in another post.

Speaking of emotions and forgiveness. I watched a very real and raw 2 hour show about 911 and the day of the terrorist attacks on National Geographic channel last night. I had never seen all of the details in such a synched timeline of action. An amazingly gut wrenching production. I was speechless and overwhelmed like it was the same day once again. This show was very graphic and not something I would watch very often. But, given it was Memorial Day. It was very fitting and a somber reminder of the world in which we live. It's also makes me mad that we let our guard down so much and let that happen. Never again, I pray.

Well, gotta get the Disney express in gear. Check out pictures from yesterday at the Memorial Park in Greer and at the fountain at the new Greer City Park. Life does go on! It reminds me of that scene in Who Framed Roger Rabbit when the truck with all of the cartoon-eating acid is hit by the train as it rolls into Toontown. It's a big deal and it's an ugly mess but we pick up and move on and then the picture changes...

See ya!

No comments: