Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Stuck inside of Hartford with the Greenville Blues Again

I was all set to get on the plane for ATL and head on home, to arrive very late tonight. I was offered a $400 credit and a hotel room to fly out tomorrow morning. I took the chance to call Tricia and make sure school transportation was set and then took their offer. It almost was not so easy. They took about 1 hr to find my luggage before I could get out of there and get to the Ramada. Delta and I have not seen things eye-to-eye this week. They bumped my flight on Tuesday and I didn't make it to the hotel here in Connecticut until 1am. It was a very early 8am class I had to teach. But, it's all done and we are finished here.

I had a great dinner with Donna, one of the consultants I will be a manager for once my promotion becomes officially "official" on June 1st. It was a great time to just have some personal time to discuss our new team and where we want the product to go from here. Since we all work remote, I think it will go a long way for our team. Plus, my company picked up her tab too. Good timing for me as I have already discussed. Still patting myself on the back for a good plan there.
Nice weather up here in Connecticut and I enjoyed the drive up to Sturbridge, MA yesterday.

The site was a good team and a really nice place to work, a long term acute hospital on an old farm in the hills. Long term acute means the patients are ventilator patients, brain injury rehabs, etc. That means no ER, no babies, no pregnant mothers, etc. Makes the system design very easy too!

Looking forward to getting back home in the morning. I have a very early flight that should get me home around 930am tomorrow. Nice to have 1st class upgrades these days too. All the miles to Africa and for work have added up to get me into the tier where I always get a free upgrade to 1st class if available. That makes for nice leg room and free drinks never hurt on the long flights either.

Just a note, I changed the address for my photo gallery links, so if you have trouble finding pictures on old post, you can find the photos using the Picassa gallery link in my links or above the posts on every page.

Well, time for a meal and then an early sleep so I can catch that early flight home.

Hey some great news to report here before I go: Dylan's baseball team went 12-0 this year and won the championship on Tuesday night. He had a great game according to Tricia and his report. I think that will go a long way in his love of the game!

Check out this video I filmed on my camera in the airport. They had this going in Detroit when I was out there a few weeks ago too. Funny to see everyone having so much "kid time" when they see what is going on!!! See ya!

No comments: