Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Monday, February 16, 2009

Sheesh

I can't believe the stupidity of Sheriff Lott down in Columbia.  Really, did he think it would matter if he busted Mike Phelps for possession of marijuana after seeing the photo of him with a bong?  There wasn't even smoke in the bong and he never said "I smoked pot"; but, clearly said "I did something really stupid that I regret."  Lott seemed to relish a little of the ole Miami Vice that still creeps up from the 80's every now and then down in Columbia.  It's a sad state of affairs to think we need to waste time and resources on this matter or marijuana prosecution laws any ways.  To my knowledge (quick Wikipedia search) there are now 13 states in the US that basically have no fines for simple possession of marijuana.  These progressive states have seen that resources can be spent better on other more dangerous drugs like meth and heroin traffic.  Don't read into this to think that I am advocating that everyone smoke pot.  What I am advocating is a dose of reality in our drug laws.  Alcohol does far more damage to far more people than pot and it's a self-righteous double standard that exists in our laws when dealing with the two substances.  Ok, climbing down off my soapbox now.  Just had to get that off my chest, too many news stories about Sheriff Lott and Micheal Phelps with the bong today.


See ya!

No comments: