Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Friday, February 13, 2009

Fender Bender

It must have been Friday the 13th and the stars misaligned.  I was leaving Wal-Mart after picking a few things after the Friday morning men's group Bible study (studying the book of Job, see any connection here?) and backed into a lady in a HUGE SUV who was backing into me at the same time.  Guess which car won?  Luckily, no lights were damaged and it just missed my gas tank cover.  I was able to hammer it out from the trunk, not perfect but not worth going to the insurance fiasco circus and perhaps even having my rates go up.  It's a 7 year old car that's paid for and now it has another dent, this one a little bigger.  It was not the way I wanted to start my Friday.  

Well, it was a busy day at work (been a long week) and that kept my mind off the the fender bender.  Then to top it off my comedy of errors surrounding headphones that I have tried to get for Tricia and Miles to use with their iPods just keeps getting worse or funnier, depends on how you look at it...  The first round of headphones were supposedly delivered to the house while I was in Wisconsin but never showed.  The mailman testifies he put them on the porch but then again, no one checked the mail or paper while I was gone.  It was the first week of school for the year and everyone was focused on other issues at hand.  Well, my 2nd attempt from a Hong Kong vendor showed up today; but, the earphones are for a cellphone, not an mp3 player.  Sheesh.  I give up.  I have now spent $40 trying to get earphones with a line-in volume control (the only way to go for mp3 players like the iPod).  As I type this watching the Colbert Report I am trying to email back and forth with the store in Hong Kong with a small communication (it's called English) problem.  Maybe it will be resolved, maybe not.   The comedy continues.

I'm glad to see Saturday on the horizon.  Sick Dad, sick kids, travel, work, fender bender...I need some down time.  Yard work will be a welcomed focus.  Some trees to plant, some work on the zip line.  It will be better, promise.  

See ya!

No comments: