Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Financial Peace

Tricia and I started a new LifeGroup tonight, it's Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace.  It's going to be 6 couples and it is going to be a challenge.  Can't wait to dig in and roll up our sleeves and get into that course.  Tricia and I know this will be a test and a true area of maturity for us.  But, we also know we have the rest of our lifes to benefit from the fruits of the labor.  Short term missions, college tuition, retirement plans, etc.  We have done Crown ministries and have heard the word of mouth that Ramsey is far more engaging and focused in approach.  Yes, we are slow learners and a different approach to the lessons is inviting!

Watching the Clemson and Duke game from Clemson right now.  So far, Clemson is up by 6 and really taking it to Duke right now and Coach K is red-faced.  Hope we can continue this because it will be a HUGE win for the team.  Go Tigers!

A family member asked me why I would write about having to take the breathalizer test along with my speeding ticket on Saturday night.  I take this blog as a true reflection of what is happening in my life and what I am thinking and feeling.  Please know that I may offend you or upset you at any time.  But, please know that I am writing for me as much as for you, whoever you are.  It was a humbling experience and not something I take lightly, that traffic stop.  Mr. State Trooper, please don't ya stop me, please don't ya stop me...  Yes, I shouldn't have been speeding and yes, I shouldn't have had anything to drink before driving home.  But, I was in control and not intoxicated as the test showed.  But, it was a wake-up call as well.  I don't want to ake my blessing lightly and ruin God's plan for me with self-centered stupidity.  Ok, I have made that clear, I hope.  Just trying to stay focused on the Righteous Path, 80 miles an hour with a warn out map.

The Tigers are up by 7 on Duke right now.  I'm trying not to jinx them, promise.  

It's been bitterly COLD here the last 2 days.  I think it was down in the low teens last night with a very strong wind that blew our winter flag off the front porch.  Of course, Shadow took the notion to freak out around 130am last night and demanded that he go outside.  Of course, he tried to change his mind once the door opened and felt how cold it was outside.  I didn't give him the opportunity to change his mind and he got das boot.  I also made sure I kept him awake today during the day so that rascal will sleep tonight.  Keller is smart, he lays low in his bed and just enjoys being inside.  I think tonight is going to be more of the same; but, the forecast is for the mid 60's by Saturday.  Just wait a few minutes and the weather will change.  Soon enough, it's going to be too hot and humid.  I will take the cool air while it's here.  

Here's a link to my recording of the Drive By Truckers on Saturday night.  This is not for children and the squimish but a great band with a lot to say about life.  The recording turned out pretty good considering how LOUD the show was in person.  Enjoy and see ya!  Go Tigers!!!

Drive By Truckers, 01-31-2009, The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC

No comments: