Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wanee 2008

Well, as you can see, I survived another round of Wanee. This year's festival was another great gem in the book of rock for me. We all missed Gregg but we made the best lemonade we could given the lemons on hand. Highlights for me were Levon Helm and his band (something I thought I might never see/hear), the Mule's full set on Friday, Tinsley Ellis on the Mushroom stage, moe (rocked), the Wanee Family Jam on Saturday night was a great showcase of some of my favorite styles of music with the Allman Brothers Band as the house band led by the capable Warren Haynes. Lots of guests but the basic core remained the ABB without Gregg.

My new favorites were the Greyboy Allstars. I was doing a mighty fine Suwanee River dance around 7pm Saturday night at the Mushroom stage. But, glad it wasn't captured on film too :-) The weather cooperated with a light rain on Saturday afternoon that cooled the night just right.

Derek and Susan's midnight set was another classic with them pulling out a "Hey Jude" cover and the double whammy of "Anyday" and "The Weight" as an encore. A full horn section christened the "Swamp Honkies" put the sound over the top.

Here's a link for the show: SSR Wanee 2008 Live Music Archive

This week I have been trying to clear my head and listen to all the music I captured, some in parts, some in whole. There were tons of tapers and it should be a matter of time before we have it all patched together. In the meantime, enjoy some of my photos below... See ya!




No comments: