Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Concert Poll and Writer's Almanac

I added a couple of new links today. Check out the Writer's Almanac for some inspiration and American history. I listen to it almost every weekday on WNCW. I also added a link to the Brown family blog. They have 4 boys and somehow make it! Great family and our friends at Freedom Fellowship.

Speaking of WNCW, I made contact with the ARC (the amateur radio program)director yesterday and we are working towards getting me trained to run the airwaves up there soon. I can't wait. I keep thinking about what will be my first tune on the air. It's down to Robbie Robertson, Derek Trucks, Bill Frisell, Miles Davis or Bob Marley. Maybe that will be my new poll once the summer concerts poll is done. Someone really likes Rush too (I see you smilin'). We should be getting our tickets for the Rush show in Charlotte soon. Miles is so ready! The Alison Kraus and Robert Plant spring tour has started and I have been eying some of the set lists. I am holding back listening to the recordings because I want to be surprised in Asheville. That same day we have a golf tourney with the men at Freedom PLUS, wouldn't ya know it, Miles next graduation is the same day! There is always a convergence of some sort on the really good Saturdays. I will somehow juggle it. My Men's group is forming a team and I can't leave them hanging all day. Maybe I can miss a few holes since the karate academy is just down the road from the course. Got to start planning that now!
Well, it's been too cool for the last week of April this week but I think we have avoided the bitter cold snap like we had last April that killed all the young peach buds here in the Upstate. So, my fingers are crossed for some good peaches this summer!

Well, off to work.

See ya!

No comments: