Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Friday, April 4, 2008

Rain

I am glad it's raining. We need it and it's washing away the pollen that surely would be coating everything right now. Dylan's 1st baseball game has been canceled already, it was the jamboree type Saturday and they already called it off because of the rain today and the expected downpours tomorrow. Dylan handled it pretty good. His practice was called off last night too because of rain, which is funny because he told his teacher that he was tired today because he had baseball practice late last night. Tuesday, Thursday, the nights get confusing, I am sure...

I started a new accountability group today with a group of men from Freedom. It's something I have missed- Bible study and Life discussions with other Christian men. It's a heck of fight these days (as if being a Christian man was ever easy) and we need the armor of brotherhood. I look forward to my Friday mornings with the group. Judging from the discussions and openness today, they are too.

I am heading up to Spindale to the best darn radio station in the land tomorrow to help out with answering phones for their spring fund drive. It's a blast to get to hang with the DJs in the studio and meet all the great staff and other fans of WNCW. Support your local NPR and Public TV, a great country deserves it!

Miles is scheduled to get his yellow belt in karate later this month. He is coming along great with Team Hurricane. It's made a HUGE difference in his push-ups and is improving his focus. Dylan got to join the class today and he feels like he is on the way to his Black Belt (wink, wink). We plan to give it a shot for Dylan later this year, AFTER baseball.

Tomorrow night will be special date for me and Tricia. We are seeing Bruce Hornsby and Ricky Skaggs at the Peace Center here in Greenville. It should be a treat to hear them with Kentucky Thunder, Ricky's great bluegrass/vocal ensemble. I am also hoping to get a chance to get down to Horizon Records after my WNCW duties to hear Tyler Ramsey. His new CD has a vote for Top 10 for 2008. Here's a link to his MySpace page: Tyler Ramsey
If that doesn't remind you of Neil Young, then rewind :-)

Miles and I are pumped about the Camp Greenville trip next week. I am the camp nurse for 1 day and chaperone for the other. It's an environmental science camp up in the mountains. Then, I am off to Florida on Thursday for the Wanee 2008 festival. So, in other words...I am on Vacation!!! Yahoo!

I am reading the 2nd Anne Rice book about the early life of Jesus: Christ The Lord: The Road to Cana. It's so intriguing and enjoyable. Her scenery details are what makes her fiction come alive and I am enjoying this ride. Yes, the Anne Rice of vampire lore is now writing fictional history about the early life of Jesus. You should check it out. The first book was something I couldn't stop reading. That's my only complaint, it's less than 500 pages and I am only half through but I can already tell I won't want this one to end. Check it out! The library rocks!!!

See ya!

1 comment:

Anne Rice said...

Thanks for your kind mention of my new book, Christ the Lord, the Road to Cana. I'm glad you had such positive and encouraging things to say. I'm grateful for an opportunity to see it slowly making its way through the Christian world. Some mainstream readers are emailing me too. Seems the Anti-God books grab the headlines and mine, of course, is just the opposite --- an orthodox believer writing a realistic novel. Thanks again, and I enjoyed the blog. Anne Rice, Rancho Mirage, California.