Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Stomp

Wow! You can see how busy my first "official" week in my new role has me at work. I haven't posted all week. It's been a busy week combining my new position and the last week of school all in one. Glad to have my wife home for two months. Things are always nice in the summer without the hectic schedule and early mornings. I also sleep in on occassions in the summer; hope I can continue that some this summer too. That remains to be seen. Good week at work with a lot of big things just around the corner. Last month's bonus reflected the fact that I was really working in my new role along with covering my previous position some too. Thank you God!

Today we took the boys down to the Peace Center for Stomp. If you have never seen Stomp, then I can highly recommend. It's basically a dance group that uses everything you can imagine from push brooms to zippo lighters to 50 gallon drums to make rhythm and beats. I was very, very entertained. I got the tickets for the family Christmas present way back in October when Dylan and I went to the Sunday show for the Peace Center Bluegrass festival. Nice seats and the boys and Tricia enjoyed it just as much. Worth every cent and I have to say the Peace Center remains one of my favorite venues.

Speaking of shows, Tricia and I are going to catch Grace Potter and the Nocturnals on Tuesday night. The boys will be at the beach with Aunt Amy and my Mom (and Aunt Susan and family too). I got the tickets free thanks to a guy I worked with at Tuomey who's family owns The Handlebar. That was a great favor and I look forward to the show and not having to worry about the boys at the same time. A great date night for us to celebrate SUMMER!!!

Looking forward to church tomorrow as we start the One Prayer series. Cliff and family are at the beach having a great time, I'm sure. We will be watching a video series along with many other churches nationwide for the next few weeks. Talk about connecting God's family! We also have a new worship leader (well, actually, the first "paid" staff member to lead worship at Freedom), Chris Roberts (click for link to his blog). Cliff's wife, Sherry, has been the worship leader since the church started and is now taking a more causal role to spend more time with family (she also homeschools their 2 girls, Emily and Grace). God has some amazing things in store for Freedom and the Greer community and Chris is going to be a big part of it all!

I got a package from Toubab Krewe, a band from Asheville, today. It's full of posters and postcards to promo their show in Greenville later this month. I spread a few around the Peace Center today and at the world's best record store, Horizon Records. They also threw in their latest Live CD as a token of appreciation. How cool! Looking forward to that show too. They are like a blend of Eastern (as in Middle East) acoustic jams mingled with high powered slamgrass. Well, that's the update from the Johnson clan. Know you are Loved, one and all!

See ya!

No comments: