Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sad State of Affairs

By now you too have watched with your mouth agape at Governor Mark Sanford of South Carolina make his tearful apology to the state and the nation about his extramarital affair. I will be truthful here, I was shocked. Although I didn't agree with his politics 100% of the time, I did vote for him twice. I always viewed him as a good family man, a father of 4 sons. He had everything: a home on the beach on Sullivan's Island, money (well, his wife is the granddaughter of the Skil saw fortune) and was elected twice as Governor here in South Carolina. Unfortunately, he let us all down. Most noteworthy, he let his family down. I still can't fathom or comprehend how he could choose Father's Day weekend to be away with his mistress or his now "ex-mistress" as he promises.

He also failed in his duties as our Governor, he had no contact with his staff or family after turning off his cell phone when flying out to Argentina last week. His staff told everyone he was hiking on the Appalachian Trail. He would have been much better off there! It's just so sad that he could hold himself so high in principle for politics (see Stimulus Money fight with Legislature this year) and then be so low in morals. This does nothing for politicians in my mind, except chip away at what sense of decency and moral bearing that is left in this nation.

While I am mad and disappointed, I know his family needs prayers for strength and endurance right now. That is my prayer: for my home state and the families affected. Governor Sanford will have much work to do in order to restore any faith from his constituents and his family. I hope and pray he moves forward from this terrible moment in our state's history.

Ok, time to get back to work. We have new cell phone numbers in case you did know already:
864-354-6958 for Mark and 864-354-6963 for Tricia. I went in to the AT&T store yesterday to order my new iPhone (thanks to my employer) and changed our numbers to local numbers. That will make it much easier for Miles and Dylan and all of our friends and neighbors.

Keep Smilin', it does get better! See ya!

No comments: