Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Slip Slidin' Away

Out a walk today with Keller in the woods I laughed as he was running down the trial ahead of me and slipped in a patch of mud (the ubiquitous red clay of the Upstate). He got up and looked back with whatever embarrassment a 4 month old puppy can muster (read "none") and ran on down the trail waggin and sniffin'. On the return trip we usually hit the rocks in the stream and run the logs over the stream; he tries to get me to go there on the walk into the woods but hasn't quite figured out we do it on the return trip but always wants to make sure in case I forget.

On the way back today, I jumped on the stream rock bed thinking I was so cool and enjoying the tunes (an Allman Brothers Live set from 1994) and the crisp air and Carolina sunshine...you can guess what happened since I had that red clay on my shoes as well! I have a nice little bruise on the left hip and some wet shoes on the front porch drying out. Keller just wagged his tail and laughed at me. Trust me, it was cold and wet and hurt more than my cool score of the day.

So, I thought I would confess my pride sin for laughing at him slippin' when I was due for the "bust it big" a little later. It reminded me to keep focused on my path and to be an encourager for others who slip and fall. Hey, we all need to get a little wet and cold every now and then; it's part of living in this world and God does find a way to show us. He also gives us warm and furry friends to lick our face when we find ourselves in the cold stream of life. We still made our trip over the logs and back without falling again and it was a great walk, wet shoes and all.
Ain't Life Grand!

See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh I got on that visual brother!!