Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dirt Farmer and Oh Mercy

Just downloaded the new Levon Helm Dirt Farmer from Amazon.com. Wow! Why did I wait so long? It's that good. If you don't know by now, Amazon has a mp3 download store that is the best. They do not come with any DRM which means I can play them on any of my mp3 players or CD players. They are 256kps too and sound fantastic. Most albums are 8.99 and you can buy by the track. I also picked up Tyler Ramsey's A Long Dream About Swimming Across The Sea. I've been enjoying what I have heard on WNCW and he reminds me so much of solo Neil Young. He also lives up in Western NC. I'll let you know as I get into it. Another cool thing about Amazon is you can get free music with Pepsi points. I love Pepsi One, so you can only guess what I picked up at Bloom last night on the way home from Miles' basketball practice. If you know me, free is me!
I recently put Dylan's Oh Mercy on my mp3 player that I take on walks on the trails and through the neighborhood with Keller. This remains my all time favorite Dylan album. Daniel Lanois adds considerable magic (some say too much, but not me) to the mix. Dylan's phrasings are perfect and the lyrics make me cry, laugh and ponder the yonder. If you don't have this one, you owe yourself a favor to check it out. My favorites are "Most of the Time", "The Man in the Long Black Coat" , "Shooting Star" and "Everything is Broken" (that one cracks me up every time and Dylan's smoking harmonica is tops). This is one of those that I have to put down every now and then because it otherwise is always in rotation. I hadn't put it on any of my "walking" music players and I had forgotten just how good this one sounds and how it moves me. Walking in the woods with Keller gives me the space to listen and feel. Speaking of Keller, here's a new photo from today. He grows everyday and is doing super for a puppy.
Tonight is Victor Wooten at the Handlebar! Looking forward to the baddest bass in the land.
See ya!

1 comment:

Cliff Marshall said...

Been looking forward to the concert all day. I heard a track off of Dirt Farmer on WNCW today on my way home for lunch. It was something about a mountain, it made me think of what people who are raised in a mining community must feel like. Very cool stuff.