Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hardly Strictly: Brand New Favorite

Last night I saw a special on ETV about the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival. I am in LOVE. Every top notch bluegrass act was there and all of the associated spinoffs of bluegrass and folk/americana were there from Bruce Hornsby/Ricky Skaggs to Bela to Del McCoury to Gillian Welch to Robert Earl Keen with the one and only Emmylou Harris wrapping up the festival with some good old Nash Ramblers on "Get Up John". It was almost everything and everyone I like about organic music. It's now on the top of my list for next year and it's free (tickets are not sold to this festival)! That will help when I start asking Tricia if we can go :-) Here's a link: HSB Festival .
Man, that got me pumped! Yeeeehaw! Even though I was exhausted after the full day, it was great to unwind on the couch watching such incredibly fine music and spirit. It's definitely Left Coast environs but the music and the scenery made it the place to be for me!

Speaking of music, I'm heading out the door for a walk with Keller. He's doing so good on the trail near our house, even tackling the logs over the stream with ease and skill. I've been listening a whole lot to the Alison Kraus and Robert Plant CD Raising Sand. If for some reason, you DON'T have that album (I still like that term, especially since I no longer buy many CDs, just download), get it asap. Check out this video from Amazon: Gone, Gone, Gone
RS is my favorite of 2007 and it still has a heavy rotation along with Neil's Chrome Dreams II. Out the door for the walk so I can enjoy some snacks at the Super Bowl party this afternoon.

See ya!

No comments: