Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Saturday, February 2, 2008

High Wire Under The Sink

Today was the circus day. It was also a double loss for the boys in basketball, which means Dylan's team lost for the first time this season. Luckily, we had an immediate post-game distraction- snacks and he was in charge of handing them out to the team. He took it well considering Miles' team is under .500 this season. Miles and Dylan both had good games on defense with a couple of shots on offense. It was snacks for both teams, so we got that out of the way today.

I also had to put on my plumber's hat today and crawl under the kitchen sink. The faucet we got back in July was leaking and it was a sealed body, so no way to get in there to change the O rings or seals. $100 down the drain, pun intended. I got a new faucet (one I can change the seals if needed) and set to work. It was also time to change the filters, so I got another set. The faucet was easy but the filter system turned into a big challenge and it got more than wet under there. I ended up going back to Lowe's and replacing it. The filter stream is full blast now. Good riddance to both of the old sets. Nothing like spending a few hours on your day off fixing something that shouldn't need to be replaced or fixed. Glad we had some fun planned for the evening.

This was the 1st circus for Miles and Dylan. I can honestly say I was impressed and they were amazed. The Ringling Bros have got it down. Other than the sickening prices on the cheap toys and props in the lobby, well...I guess they got that down too, since I pulled out my wallet for the cotton candy and snow cone with tiger souvenir cup and circus clown hat (the cotton candy).

It's once-a-year, I know... and it was worth it! My favorite parts were the 7 motorcycles in the metal ball and the tigers (of course).









Speaking of the Tigers, they pulled out a major blow-out over Boston College tonight at Littlejohn. Call me surprised, just don't call me late for supper.

Tomorrow, we are heading over to our friends' place (Cliff and Sherry) for a Super Bowl party with friends from Freedom Fellowship. Should be fun and I would like to see the Giants win but seriously doubt it. I also hope Tom Petty has a little more life in his show at half time than the Rolling Stones did a few years ago.


Well, I'm done for the day.

See ya!!!

No comments: