Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wednesday before Thanksgiving

So, do you fast today so you can eat a bunch tomorrow?  Or is that a sin for planning gluttony?  I guess I will find out!  Nah, I will just eat a little lighter instead and plan a sensible meal for Thanksgiving tomorrow.  Famous last words.

It almost feels like a holiday today, Tricia and the boys are home.  Tricia is enjoying sleeping in, tucked under a bunch of covers.  Miles and Dylan are watching cartoons in the den.  Dylan and I just figured out he is thankful for having cereal for breakfast, something he knows I agree with completely.  Even when I drink my regular soy-protein-banana shake after working out in the morning, I some how find an excuse to eat cereal at some point during the day.  Usually, it's a snack or like yesterday, it was 2 bowls for dinner.  Ok, I am thankful for cereal too.  I said it, there.

It's chilly today, 29F with the sun coming up now.  I'm sure it's even colder to Shadow since he got put outside after getting a bite to eat. He was waaaaaaay too noisy this morning around 0630am wanting to know why Mommy wasn't up and wanting to know who was going to watch him eat.  I guess he can find someone to watch his cold butt pee outside too!  I'm sure a black swirl will come through the crack of the front door the next time someone opens the door.  He will be posted there very soon.

Tomorrow will be an extra special Thanksgiving.  Not only will we be eating on the new dining room set we inherited; but, Tricia's brother, Frankie and his family will be joining us.  They are heading down from Sandusky, Ohio for a vacation at the beach and are planning to stop by our home on the way.  They have a new little son who was born a few months ago and that's always special.  I pray for them on their travels, I have been there and done that many-a-time, with newborns too.  It's never fun and the end of the line is always welcomed!

Well, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and find a moment to offer praise and thanksgiving to our God who has blessed us beyond measure.  Enjoy the meal and the fellowship with friends and family.

See ya!

No comments: