Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One step furthur, one step closer

It's my birthday today. 39. Glad to see the sun today after the awful day I had yesterday. If I had been to Mexico, I would believe I had Montezuma's revenge. It was not fun and exhausting. Miles and Dylan both wrote on my card this morning that they hope I am feeling better. I am. Keller and I got in a walk this morning in the cold woods. It's 25F here in Greer; but, no more strong gale force winds like yesterday. The winds were in the 40mph range yesterday. I spent most of the day wrapped in a blanket on the couch, in the easy chair or in the bathroom.

Today is a 1/2 day at work for me. I am going run some errands and try to get a haircut too. Then around 5pm (as long as I have the energy) we are going to try and see a free show taping at the Bohemian in Greenville. It's J.J. Grey of Mofro doing a solo performance. I have seen Mofro several times, including a fantastic set last year at Wanee. It's white blues from North Jacksonville with some good story telling in there. Should be fun. Then maybe some ice cream. We were planning to hit a Hibachi grill in town but I don't think my stomach can handle that today. We have pushed those plans to the weekend. Well, let me get to work. No coffee today, just tea and pepsi. Well, maybe some coffee tonight :-)

I will finish with a wordle and lyrics from Daniel Lanois' "The Maker". This song caught me today on my walk and fits the day. Always did love Jerry Garcia's version and Emmylou Harris' version and Dave Matthews' version and Daniel's version...
See ya!

Oh, Oh Deep water
Black, and cold like the night
I've stand with my arms wide open
I've run a twisted line
I'm a stranger
in the eyes of the maker

I could not see
for the fog in my eyes
I could not feel
for the fear in my life
From across the great divide
In the distance i saw a light
Jean baptiste
walking to me with the maker

My body is bent and broken
by long and dangerous sleep
I can't work the fields of abraham
and turn my head away
I'm not a stranger
in the hands of the maker

Brother john
Have you seen the homeless daughters
standing there
with broken wings

I have seen the flaming swords
there over east of eden
burning in the eyes of the maker
burning in the eyes of the maker
burning in the eyes of the maker
burning in the eyes of the maker

oh river rise from your sleep...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday brother!! I hope you are feeling better and get to enjoy your day. Hang on to 39.....40 is just around the corner!! :-)

Love ya bunches,

Amy