Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

New Kitchen, finished Bush book

Everyone really enjoyed Miles' choir performance.  Thanks for the comments!

Some really nice tile going up in the kitchen this morning, it looks like a completely new kitchen. Tricia is going to love it!  Can't wait for her to see it. Mr. Tucker the Tile man is doing a great job. I wouldn't even know where to start with the tile.  We are planning to work with a friend from our life group and work on the bathroom as a DIY project.  Didn't want to take that chance for the kitchen work.  He's been doing this for about 40 years and it shows.  

Cold and wet today here in Blue Ridge.  Glad my grass seed is going to get a good soaking this week. Keller did chew up my water hose I left in the yard, so good thing it's raining!  That puppy was just helping me clean up what I left out in the yard, right?  

I finished the book Bush Tragedy last night.  An interesting and frustrating read.  If I have to use the dictionary more than 5 times for 1 book, I get a little annoyed.  Just use English for Pete's sake! But, I did like the way the author parallels Bush's life and politics "adventures" with Shakespeare's Henry V.  The passages about Karl Rove and Dick Chenney were very informative and made my blood pressure go up at times; but, also confirmed what I suspected all along, that Chenney was running the show.  Good information about Bush's grandparents (both sides of the family) and how they influenced his views and work ethics.  Did I learn anything new?  I guess I liked the history and comparisons to past administrations and Shakespearean characters; but, this was more an affirmation from someone who evidently shares the same views as me.  Good read at times, a little fluffy at times.  On to the next book.  Maybe a trip to the library with the boys.  They always love that!  We have to find childcare for tongiht's Life Group (the last in our series before the Christmas social next week).  Ok, gotta get back to work. 

See ya!

Check out this free sampler from Amazon.com mp3 downloads:  Jazz Sampler

Christmas Jam this weekend:  Guide to Christmas Jam 2008

No comments: