Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Monday, January 21, 2008

MLK Day

It's officially Martin Luther King, Jr day. His birthday is actually January 15th, which is also Miles' birthday. We remind him of that every year and it makes him proud and feel special. Having been to South Africa and grown up in the South, I am very aware of the place MLK deserves in our culture and society. I am also honored to live in a country that can learn from past mistakes and grow as a people, regardless of how mixed our genes and cultures have become in the USA.

I finished with the Marc Cohn show and have put it out on a Bit Torrent on Trader's Den. It's moving along with some folks from Germany leading the way! Just think, on MLK Day, I have someone from Germany downloading a music show from a Jew performed in the Deep South. Ain't that something to ponder! We are all connected. BTW, the show turned out great and I am very proud to offer it to anyone who wants a copy. Just get in touch.

On the home front, it was a school holiday. I had plenty of work for a Monday and the boys just lazed around. Dylan and I took Keller out for a walk this afternoon, it's still winter! The wind chill is cold and they are calling for sleet and frozen rain tonight. Glad I have gas logs.

Speaking of Keller. That Keller is a smart dog. We are now working on the #2 business and where he needs to do his number. While Dylan and I were doing poop patrol, Keller went over to the "sanctioned" pile and did his number. He made sure we saw him and he got a big congratulations afterwards. It was like Dylan or Miles using the toilet, it was a proud father moment :-)

See ya!

1 comment:

Cliff Marshall said...

I read a great biography about MLK a few years ago, and I was struck by how he was an ordinary guy who choose to act on the injustice he saw around him. That's a good reminder for all of us about what we should be doing.