Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday at the Bus Stop

Keller and I walked Miles down to the bus stop this morning. That will be very good for Miles, in many ways. Keller had a blast and was just soaking up all the attention from the girls on the bus too. I'm sure Miles told them all about Keller, his dog, on the way to school. I would put money on it!

The reports all around were of a good 1st day at school. Tricia is feeling a little better about the situation, Dylan is so excited to have a dog in his class everyday, part of the teacher's "tools" and Miles is now taking Strings in place of Chorus. He is going to play stand-up bass. We are all looking forward to how that turns out and think he will really enjoy it too.

It was a quiet day at work here yesterday. I can almost feel the fall around the corner; but, the humidity this morning was beating that feeling over the head this morning. It was thick on the trail this morning after the bus stop.

Speaking of thick fog...some of you know I have been on a combo of nerve pain meds since my surgery in 2006. I have finally crawled out of that fog, having taken the last of the meds the Sunday after we returned from Ohio. While I have felt a tinge or two since then, it's nothing like it was and nothing Tylenol or Alleve haven't been able to handle. I have about 10x the energy level and much more clarity of thought and drive at work. It got really tough for me this year and fighting the meds' "fog" was getting harder and my waistline was showing the effects too. I feel liberated and free. I started praying about God giving me the strength to let go of those meds this spring when Tricia and I went through the Financial Peace class. The meds were NOT cheap and I also had some weird withdrawal effects in the past. God delivers folks! My family doctor (who did not start me on the meds just continued what the neurologist started) and I came up with a good plan after I did some research on the internet and our plan seems to have worked. So far, so good. Thank you God!

On the Africa front, only 1 week until we take off. Thank you for continuing to lift us (Freedom Fellowship, Alice Drive, Old Naledi Fellowship) in your prayers. I have a long list to take care of this week; but, time to work now...

See ya!

No comments: