Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

14 years


I know I have been more than slack on posting lately; but, work and the trip to Ohio have had me out of time and place for the last few weeks.

Today, I took Miles and Dylan down to Irmo to meet my Mom at Susan's place. It was okay as I had no DSL at home and could only be on the phone for meetings and that worked out for the drive down. It gave Tricia the opportunity to stay at school all day working too. We lost power and phone service suddenly this morning around 9am. The power came back around 1030am but I didn't get DSL or phone until I was home from Irmo. It was a challenge for work.

Miles and Dylan are going to stay with Mom and Pete until Sunday and get their ya ya's out for the last week of summer. That worked out fine for us as Tricia has a lot to do at school. We went to a Youth orientation for parents tonight at Freedom. The Youth group is called LINC (Liberty in Christ) and the meeting was for the parents of upcoming 6th graders. Miles went to his tour of Blue Ridge middle school on Monday with Tricia and his buddy, Ryan. He is really excited about school, he can't believe he can order Chick-fila and Pizza in the cafeteria. He is also stoked about riding the bus. We learned it is one of the last routes and he needs to be there by 8am. We might make that a regularly scheduled event since he needs to ride it while I am in Africa. I will take him the first few days to get him oriented and on schedule. This is gonna be a brand new world.

We thought he was going to be in a single gender class this year; but, since he is in advanced reading and Challenge classes, he has to be in co-ed. That was a quick decision for us, we don't see much problem with the girls just yet for Miles and he would be too bored and not challenged otherwise!

Got tickets for the Third Day Family picnic at the Heritage Park Amphitheater today on the way to Irmo. $65 for a pack of 4 is a steal and it includes a free hot dog and drink for all of us. Now that is a recession buster!!!! It's on a Friday in early October and I am really looking forward to that show.

Today is the 14th anniversary of the first date Tricia and I ever had together. It's amazing how time has changed us and our world; but, how we are still in Love and still the same two that God brought together. We went to Staples and Chick-Fila to celebrate :-) Well, I didn't say we were getting younger ;-) God changed my life by bringing Tricia into it and I am forever thankful and amazed. I Love You Honey!

See ya!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

My goodness you guys look like babies!