Google Voice

"It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe."
Sir Francis Crick


Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."
--William James

>>>Photo Links<<<

If any of the photo links are broken, you can find the public photo gallery here

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Greenville Drive game

We had such a great evening last night at the Greenville Drive game. The Drive won 6-5 on a double play to end the top of the ninth. The boys had a ton of fun running up and down the hill next to the playground (3rd base line). We met my cousin, Tonya, and her husband, Rob at the game. They live in Clemson. Rob is a Clemson grad (93) and works for the Clemson Foundation. Rob and I went to Sumter High together. They have 3 kids: 2 precious girls and a son, Austin. Austin is a little younger than Dylan, I think. The boys get along great and we are hoping to have Austin spend the night before school starts back again. The weather was overcast but nice and cool. We had the cheap $5 seats and it just works so well for us to be able to hang out and watch the game and keep an eye on the kids running around. We also got the ride the trolley over from the county center, always a hit with Miles and Dylan. I think the most impressive part of the night was me getting a foul ball. Miles and Dylan were very impressed with my retrieval skills in the crowd and told everyone who would listen that their Dad got a foul ball. Miles is adding it to his "collection". They are so easy to please sometimes! The ball park is just a great place to see a game, can't say enough about how much fun we have there and what a great facility we have here in Greenville. In case you don't know, it's a replica of Boston's Fenway Park (our team is a single A team of Boston). Good park food as well!

I am taking a certification exam tomorrow around lunch in Spartanburg at a testing center. It's for Healthcare Information and Management Systems. It's a testing center and it's 100 questions and I get 2 hours. I have studied some this week; but, I think I am prepared. My company took care of the exam fee, which is always super in my book. The association group that offers the certification runs the largest trade show in our industry and is a big advocacy group for our industry. Check out HIMSS online. So, I hope to add the credentials of CPHIMS to my signature title soon!

Music Update:
I am so stoked to not only be listening to Styper online with Napster (all of their albums are there); but, I should have a chance to see them LIVE in Atlanta later in October with some guys from church, including Cliff. That will be cool and total retro 10/11th grade trip for me. I think my Sr. VP from work will be there too. Should be great road trip! Getting the Bob Dylan/Willie/Mellancamp tickets this weekend for the show on the 29th of this month. Also, Drivin n' Cryin show this weekend here in Greenville.

Tricia and I are having our new worship minister and his family over for lunch on Sunday. Chris is a very cool dude and a welcomed addition for our worship experience at Freedom. Check out his blog. They have 2 boys near our boys' ages. I have the zip line all ready with new hay bales for the landing!

On the Africa mission front, we had one of our ladies drop out this week. We are now searching for a lady with a passport and a servants heart who is hearing the call from Africa. I know God is going to make this work out and we are going to be in Botswana with the team that God wants to be there. Thanks for your prayers as we work through this small issue. Thank you!

Ok, time for dinner! See ya!

No comments: